Our History

grampaCartwright Jewelers has been family owned and operated since 1933. James Daniel Cartwright started the business as a watchmaker and jeweller in downtown New Westminster on Clarkson Street. Don Cartwright followed in his father’s footsteps in 1965 and took over the business in 1980. Susan in turn joined her father in business in 1984 and has since taken over the family business as Don enjoys his retirement. Over the years, Cartwright’s have enjoyed several locations in New Westminster but have always called uptown their home. They are presently located at 639 Sixth Street. This year the Cartwright family is delighted to announce their anniversary of 80 successful years in business.

susanSusan Cartwright-Coates, third generation Cartwright, states, “excellent customer service has always been the cornerstone of our family business, combining this with consistent top quality, design and craftsmanship excels us in the success of our family owned and operated jewellery store. ”

Cartwright Jewelers is proud to be New Westminster’s only jewellery store to offer the beautiful certified Canadian Diamonds, mined and cut in Canada. Each Canadian diamond is laser etched with a microscopic logo and serial number for authenticity. 

As New Westminster’s award winning jewellers, Cartwright Jewelers is proud to serve the people of our community for the past three generations.